Friday, July 6, 2012



I recently moved out to the beach, and while I love the gorgeous views and laid-back attitude, I haven't quite warmed up to the uber-casual dress code yet--mainly because it means that I'm always overdressed and have to retire my sparkly dresses to the back of my closet :-( However, the beach crowd does have one sartorial ace up it's sleeve: Surf clothing. I'm constantly asking my sister where she got her really unique, fun dress from and the answer is always the name of a surf shop. Girls aren't the only ones to benefit here; while boys may wear t-shirts out, they pair them with jeans that fit so perfectly I might have freaked out a little too much over them. I'm constantly trying to get guys to wear jeans with a slimmer cut and leave behind the baggy styles they wore in high school, but I usually get some version of "I'm not a hipster" in response. If you have similar problems with the guy(s) in your life, I've discovered the solution. Or rather, this guy I met out on Fourth of July discovered it and I pried the brand name from him and then found the jeans online. For the perfect balance of loose and tailored--and a great indigo wash to boot--click on over and check these out.

1) Indigo rinse "Vorta" jean, Volcom via Swell.com, $65

No comments:

Post a Comment